Mitt Romney visited North Las Vegas, Nevada today and spoke (teleprompter-free) to a standing-room only crowd:
Here are the Cliff’s Notes version thanks to Time’s Mark Halperin:
- Today’s increase in the unemployment rate is a hammer blow to struggling middle-class families.
- Yesterday I launched my Plan for a Stronger Middle Class that will bring more jobs and more take home pay. My plan will turn things around and bring the economy roaring back, with twelve million new jobs created by the end of my first term.
- President Obama doesn’t have a plan and believes that the private sector is ‘doing fine.’ Obviously, that is not the case.
- We’ve now gone 42 consecutive months with the unemployment rate above eight percent. Middle class Americans deserve better, and I believe America can do better.”
Here are the five areas Romney plans to focus on:
- “Energy independence.”
- “The skills to succeed.”
- “Trade that works for America.”
- “Cut the deficit.”
- “Champion small business.”